"There is power in the name of Jesus to break every chain."
EVERY. CHAIN.
Jesus breaks our chains. The SIN. He HAS the power.
This gives me more joy than anything. Who God is. What God does daily even if we don't see it. Daily He is drawing people to himself. He is saving the world from its sin, its disgusting decadence. He is bringing heaven down.
As I was at the coffee shop with a good friend listening to this song, I remembered that it doesn't matter what my life looks like at the moment, what circumstances I am in. God is here and His Spirit is moving. Life isn't about grades or eating good food. It isn't about laughter or drama. It's not about careers or having stuff. While these are good things, it's not about the details, it's about CHRIST. And as I looked around at friends and strangers talking and doing homework, I remembered that Christ is breaking chains. That each one of us was created to be something so much greater than what we are. Sin has tainted the image of God in us. Yet I could see His image in the people around me. And what would life be like if we were all free of these chains, if we all looked the way God intended? Life would be glorious. We wouldn't have to worry about much.
It doesn't matter what drama is going on in our lives because it's incomparable to what God is doing. He is making all things new again. And He didn't create us to be filled by the things in this life. He created us to be filled by Him.
In Him we live and move and have our being. And in Him we have complete joy.
"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us...the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God." Romans 8:18-21
No comments:
Post a Comment