I had never disliked Truman until I came back last semester. Somehow though, the other day, I realized I don't really dislike Truman anymore. There are so many things I love about it that I've been ignoring. So here they are.
The Sunken Gardens. It's beautiful, really. I love sitting there and reading a book. Or lying in the grass on a warm summer night with a friend discussing the deeper things in life.
The Quad. I love hanging out on the quad when the weather's nice, playing frisbee with friends, reading a book, or whatever.
Pickler. My favorite library. The second and third floors by the old brick wall. Love it. And the more time I spend there, the more I realize how cozy it is and how much more focused I can actually be there.
The BSU. I'm there right now and it's stinkin' pretty. I'm finding it so relaxing, and every time I come back here, I feel at home. Even though I haven't come here consistently since 3 years ago.
Java Co/ Costa Rican. This isn't really Truman, but I've always loved it. My favorite place to study and meet up with others. Plus, I love how you always run into friends there.
Activities. While I do think we have excessive amounts of clubs and activities going on all the time, it is actually really cool that we do so much. I have friends that tell me their schools don't really have much to do. I'm so glad I get to do things like Swingers, Unique, etc.
Excellence. Truman is committed to excellence. I do see how it fails in some ways with a distorted sense of excellence, yet it still challenges and inspires me toward excellence.
The people. I love how wonderful most of the people here are. So many people are just more friendly, caring, and mature than the average group of people. Mostly, I love that everyone is always around, and it's so easy to just hang out with people.
Cheap. Whoo!
Resources. I feel like everything I really need, Truman has something there to accommodate for it.
Upper Violette. I just really like it.
Honestly, there are so many more things I could say. I've realized many of the things that I disliked so much have challenged me, grown me, and taught me more about myself. I am really thankful for this time in my life that I get to spend here. So thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment