Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pads and Generosity

This is an odd topic, but bear with me. There is this link between all females that causes us all to look out for each other. I've never seen anyone deny a "feminine product" to another woman. No one will ever think about the cost or the fact that it's "theirs." No, all that matters is the need and meeting that person's need. We become unimportant for the other person.

I wish that would completely spill over into all other areas of life.

"At the present time your plenty will supply what they need, so that in turn their plenty will supply what you need. The goal is equality." 2 Corinthians 8:14

"All the believers were together and had everything in common. They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need." Act 2:44-45

"And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all that there were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need." Acts 4:33-35

"This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters. If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person? Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth." 1 John 3:16-18

"I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me...whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me." Matthew 25:35-36, 40

No comments:

Post a Comment