Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Unattainable Perfection

I hate grades.

There's so much pressure to be perfect, to do everything right. But I never can. Sooner or later I'm gonna mess up.

No matter if I started out over-achieving and being so studious others are impressed, I can never keep it up forever. I can't sprint long-distance.

Unfortunately, in college in seems like you mess up once and it can damage your whole grade. And I find myself messing up over and over again.

So I'm thankful for grace. Because no one can reach perfection. I'm thankful that when God teaches us, he never hands out grades. There is no such thing as flunking out. If he did, we'd all fail miserably from the start.

Grace. Thank you, Jesus.

"Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. " 1 Timothy 1:15
"The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God’s people. Amen." Revelation 22:20-21

1 comment:

  1. So. So. True. When I strive so much I burn out. Thankfully, by its very definition, grace is not earned.

    ReplyDelete