Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Glory, Glory, Glory

I was just talking to a friend and she told me I need to write down everything I was saying, so I figured, why not write it here?

I was praying for a close friend of mine a lot this year, as well as the BSU. Last semester some people and I were praying often for revival in Kirksville and on campus. I had heard awhile ago that this had happened at the BSU and I prayed that it would not be fleeting, but real and true. It has been. I finally went last night and witnessed this. How humbled I was! This Spring semester I stopped praying for this. I guess I was discouraged because I didn't really see it happening in CCF. But now I see that God has been working. And how short-sighted and selfish I have been. God did not start this in a group of 150-200 people, he started it in this small group of 15-20.

I walked in a few minutes late last night and they were already worshiping. I pretty much instantly starting tearing up because I just knew that the Spirit was present there. It was overwhelming. Also, I have been pretty sick this week. I lied around the house all day yesterday. I didn't even feel up to going to the BSU that night, but I really wanted to anyway. I sat down during worship in the beginning because I was too tired to stand. But during worship at the end of the service, they played this song.





I love this song so much, especially since last year. I remember sitting on the floor of the Scott's living room worshiping with the Camp Eagle staff and singing this song right after God had started turning things around for me. And I was thinking about all the ways He has come to my rescue since then, again and again, in so many ways, even two weeks ago, last week, this week. I could not stand to sit in my chair any longer. I didn't care how sick and tired I felt, I stood up and threw up my arms and half sang, half cried. For some reason after that I wasn't even tired anymore. I felt so much better. I was dancing around and laughing. Still sick, but had so much energy. How awesome.

Tonight at CCF God just reminded me how much He grieves over His creation that rebels against Him and destroys itself. And I remembered how truly glorious He is. I know I cannot even comprehend it, and I can't explain how or with what God reminded me of this, He just did. I started crying in my seat because I miss this all the time. He is SO good, SO glorious, SO worthy, SO unfathomable. I don't even know the extent of His awesomeness, yet I have seen so much of it and I fail to remember and give Him the glory for that. I fail. We fail. Creation fails. And He deserves it so much. And we miss out. It breaks my heart.

He is perfectly righteous. He is unfathomably great. He is terrifyingly powerful. He is endlessly loving. He is incredibly glorious. He is completely worthy. He IS. He always has been. He is consistently faithful and true. He is radiantly pure. He is incredibly beautiful. He is forever enough, enough to satisfy. He is far, far above everything.

Let us give Him the glory due His name. With every breath and every moment let us live for Him. Let us breathe in His Spirit and exhale His praise. Let our hearts beat to the rhythm of His. Let us move to His every nudge, and listen to His every whisper. Let us see everyone we encounter as Jesus Himself and treat them as such.

Remember He is with us, and He is strong.

All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23
“You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.” Revelation 4:11
I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Psalm 63:2
Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name; worship the LORD in the splendor of his holiness. Psalm 29:2
Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let your glory be over all the earth. Psalm 57:5
“I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not yield my glory to another or my praise to idols.” Isaiah 42:8

No comments:

Post a Comment