Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Mosquito Bites

I have a ton of mosquito bites all over me. I don't know how I got them. They've been itching so bad. I also am pretty sure I'm allergic because mine have always swelled more than normal. One time as a kid I got so many and scratched too much that I had some that swelled to about 2" across. It was awful.

They're like sin. It's a trap. You want to scratch. Don't.

The more you scratch the more it itches and the more it spreads. Once you scratch too much the itching is so intense you can't help but scratch and you're angry at yourself for giving in to the scratching 'cause now stopping is hopeless. You're stuck in the trap.

The only thing to do is quit cold turkey. Can't wean yourself off of it. The only thing to stop the itch is to stop scratching and wait till it dies down.

Repent. Seek God.

He's the only one with the power to stop the itch. He is the healer. Don't give in to the lie.

But each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death. James 1:14-15 
 If your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire. And if your eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell. Matthew 18:8-9
God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. 1 Corinthians 10:13

No comments:

Post a Comment