Friday, April 13, 2012

Alma: A Little Soul

I had this sweet moment on Easter this year. My 2-year-old niece was wearing a pretty green sundress, her eyes bright blue and face as radiant as ever. We went out onto my grandma's porch to blow bubbles. As I blew them all around her, after she had gotten tired of trying to catch them, she started spinning around in circles giggling, bubbles floating all around her, all the while my cousin was playing beautiful music on the piano just inside.

It was one of those moments that almost seems too ideal and beautiful to be real life. Everything about her seems too beautiful to be real life.

I love her so incredibly much. I would almost be content to spend every second of the day with her, even the ugly moments. I don't think of her as a toddler, you know; I just think of her as Alma, a precious girl. I see so much beauty and intelligence inside of her, and how complex and wonderful of a person she is. I hope my love for her only grows as she does, and we can continue to have a good friendship even as it changes.

I am the proudest aunt in the world.




No comments:

Post a Comment